In honour of my latest follower (even though you should be practicing your norwegian Lynnee), I will make an attempt at writing this in english. I even woke up from dreaming in english the other day, so I guess my brain is pretty much converted. And this way I won't annoy Lillian with my bad norwegian grammar. I definately need a lesson on the difference between 'han' and 'ham'. Maybe in May?
My next destination after Lake Tekapo, Wanaka, has been quite the adventure. I was lucky enough to meet Dan from California and Nayara from Barcelona on the bus (we were the only three people on it) and having been on my own for a while, I was ready to throw myself into whatever adventure they had planned. Lucky for me, that was a 10 hour hike into the New Zealand mountains! A beautiful tramp to the French Ridge hut, where we stayed two nights (Dan is staying for two weeks as a volunteer warden) before heading back out to civilization. No shower for three days, excessive perspiration, beautiful views and loads of good memories!
Getting back to Wanka wasn't the biggest letdown though, as we went paragliding today! We were convinced by another guy called Dan, that this was definately better than the 60-second-free-fall, with your mouth flopping all over the place, adrenaline-kick of skydiving, and I must say, the view was not too bad. Even though we didn't get to throw ourselves out of an airplane at 15,000 feet, we got to enjoy the view for a full 2o minutes, and do some gutwrenching spirals at the end :) Hopefully this news makes you happy mom!
Tomorrow is Rippon festival. A local day of music and wine at the vineyard just across the lake, and I just secured probably the last two tickets for Nayara and I (the tickets were sold out in October). Can't wait!
Hope everyone is enjoying life as much as me!! This lifestyle is becoming dangerously tempting to continue...
Ciao!
fredag 5. februar 2010
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar